10 Top Reasons to choose the University of Padua
For the great desire I had to see fair Padua, nursery of arts, I am arrived… and am to Padua come, as he that leaves a shallow plash to plunge in the deep, and with satiety seeks to quench his thirst
William Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew
- A diverse portfolio of study programmes – a multidisciplinary university offering a comprehensive range of constantly updated study programmes.
- High-quality education – ranked among the first universities in Italy for the quality of its education, providing students with a solid cultural background and professional training. A qualification from the University of Padua means the achievement of an ambitious objective and a recognised education.
- World-leading research university -ranked 151-200 in the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) and the best Italian university for the quality of research results in the first ever two reports by ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of the University and Research Systems). Among the best European universities for the number of the top 10% most frequently cited publications.
- Quality support services – according to Almalaurea surveys, 9 over 10 students were satisfied with their academic career at the University of Padua and their student life.
- One of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Europe – established in 1222 by students and teachers with the aim to defend freedom of thought in study and teaching. The University has a glorious history and boasts among its scholars and professors Galileo Galilei – who taught in Padua from 1592 to 1610 – and Elena L. Cornaro-Piscopia – the first ever woman to receive an academic degree from a university in 1678.
- An international community – a university with a long tradition of international cooperation, participation in international networks of excellence as well as in research and education projects, welcoming students and scholars from all over the world.
- Competitive tuition fees and incentives – the University offers competitive tuition fees in comparison to other top-ranked European universities, plus a vast array of incentives for deserving and/or low economic background students.
- Student-friendly city – a unique learning environment in a university which is deeply connected to its city and urban pattern. University students represent 30% of the city population.
- A city, unlike any other – Padua, blends historical tradition, art and culture with flourishing business and service industries.
- Strategic location – easy connections to main Italian and international cities allow you to travel for tourism or visiting home.
14 Nov 2018