|Study location||Italy, Padua|
|Type||Master's degree, full-time|
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Awards||(Laurea magistrale in Scienze storiche )|
|Tuition fee||€2,530 per year
In order to accept your Offer at the University of Padova, you must pay the first instalment of tuition fees. Information on 2022/23 fees is not yet available, but the amounts will be more or less the same of 2021/22.
|Application fee||€30 one-time
This fee is non-refundable.
In order to accept your place at the University of Padua, the payment of the first instalment is required. This fee is non-refundable.
Bachelor diploma (or equivalent)
A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Historical and Geographical studies or related subject, such as Philology, Literature, Foreign Languages, Sociology, Anthropology, Global Studies, Social and Political sciences.
Please verify country-based specific entry title requirements at the following link.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
You can often get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents with you when you finally go to the university.
If you are admitted to the degree course, you will have to submit other documents including original and translated/legalised copies of your previous qualifications, etc. No legalised documents are required at application stage.
B1 Level (CEFR) or equivalent
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Italian language requirement
B2 Level (CEFR) or equivalent certificate
The following students do NOT need to submit evidence of Italian language proficiency:
The Master’s degree programme provides a specialised training in the historical period, from late antiquity to the contemporary period.
The main objectives of the degree programme are listed below:
• full awareness of methods and strategies for historical research;
• specialised training in historical processes and facts concerning one of the following periods: the Middle Ages, modern and contemporary period;
• thorough knowledge of the debates affecting modern historiography;
• ability to deal with topics and methods of other disciplines (social sciences, philosophy, literature), which will be useful in the educational path.
The course units provide different perspectives to analyse the reconstruction of the past (from political and institutional history, to cultural, social, environmental, economic and religious history as well as history of gender). As a result, students will have the chance to experiment with the main historical methods and schools.
The degree programme also teaches how to deal with different types of documentary materials using a critical approach. Besides, the degree programme also offers ‘general and supplementary course units’ in literary and philosophical subjects. These disciplines are useful not only for students’ overall education in human sciences, but also for obtaining a teaching qualification in secondary schools.
By the end of the degree programme in Historical sciences, students will be able to deal with the main historical phenomena with a critical perspective and independently identify the best methods and strategies to use for their reconstruction. They will also be efficient in communicating what they have learnt.
- italian-taught study track: Scienze Storiche
- english-taught study track: Mobility studies
- Editors and publishers specialized in historical communication
- Historical curators in archives or museums and cultural experts in specific areas. An additional specialization may be required to join the above-mentioned professions.
- Researchers and technicians graduated in historical and philosophical sciences. An additional specialization may be required to join the above-mentioned professions.
- History, philosophy and literature teachers in secondary schools (upon obtaining a teaching qualification, pursuant the current ministerial regulations).